Sunday, December 16, 2007

Rock(et) Star Dude

I think I am in crush.
I was at a function yesterday where His Excellency APJ Abdul Kalam was the chief guest.

Love happened.

I thought I was way past the age of being smitten by people, and politicians least of all. But there is something about the man which is irresistible.

Maybe it’s the endearing way he smiles – which lights up his whole face.
Maybe it’s the fact that even when the audience isn’t listening to what he is saying, there is something about him which still makes one pay attention to him.
Maybe it’s the fact that inspite of being SO larger than life is he so NOT larger than life. Maybe it’s the genuine warmth which seeps through to each word he says.
Maybe it’s the incongruousness of the rock-star hair with the rocket-scientist brain.
Maybe it’s just being in the presence of a genuinely great person.

I have been behaving like a star-struck and love-sick teenager .
I can’t seem to stop gushing about him. I elbowed a few people out of the way in order to get a surreptitious (completely sackable offence- that) snap of him from my cell phone.
I have even tracked down the guestbook with his signature and photocopied it.

Swoon!

7 comments:

Akshay Mishra said...

lovely man that. fabulous as ever. His enthusiasm is infectious indeed.

Adi said...

damn, I dint know you had to be pres to pick up chics

Phantasmagoria said...

Lol @ adi.

Cynic in Wonderland said...

yes akshay ...amazing man

adi..exprez will aso work

ph- hiya great to see u back after a long, long time!

Cynic in Wonderland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

He is really gr8!! especially the down to earth attitude! and I wish I did e able to see him too and take a pic in my cell phone :D

Anonymous said...

He is Not a "politician". Part of the reason why he is cool.

And I guess it takes more than just a prez or an ex-prez to make you swoon :) and he is.

I was so confident that the high standards he set for that post will become a legacy - to choose truly great people for presidents of India. Alas... it doesn't take much to come back to earth I guess.